I took a little time off from hosting card clubs and classes as well as from posting on my blog. After this "catch up" post, I'm hoping to post a little more regularly. I'm also looking forward to scheduling a couple of parties this Spring.
Below are some cards that I made during my break:
This was my favorite Fall card which was made with the Gently Falling stamp set.
This was one of the Christmas cards I made this year, but I didn't make or send nearly as many as usual:
Here are a few others cards that I've made:
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
When: November 20-December 2, 2013
It's time for online holiday shopping! During these 12 days only, you can get incredible discounts of up to 50 percent, on some of your favorite products!
This is the perfect time for you to stock up on some of your favorite items. It's also a perfect time to get all your "must have" supplies. If you're new to stamping, now's the time to give Stampin' Up a try!
Don't miss out on the 24-hour-only door-busters happening on the first day of the sale. You'll save 30 percent off:
- The Stampin' Trimmer,
- Simply Scored Diagonal Plate,
- and Many Marvelous Markers!
The Fine Print
- This sale is the same as the annual Online Extravaganza sale of years past--just with a simpler name.
- Discounts range between 20 and 50 percent-awesome!
- Discounted products are available on all order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online).
- Hostesses who have earned a 50%-off item may not apply that discount to an already-discounted product.
- There's no minimum purchase required to participate in this promotion. Sale on!
- VERY IMPORTANT! For product bundles, you need to use the bundle item numbers provided. If you use individual item numbers, you won't get the discount-bummer.
- You can buy additional products from any of our current catalogs on the same order.
Friday, November 1, 2013
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Envelope Punch Board - Item #133774 - $19.95
The envelop punch board is one of my favorite new tools. It creates totally customizable envelopes in up to 66 different sizes (not to mention a million different color and pattern options depending on the paper you want to use). Even tried and true envelope sizes will only take you moments to create!
- Super easy to use - it looks intimidating at first glance, but all you have to do is measure for the first punch and from there you just turn 90% and and score. It's that simple!
- It's small and lightweight so it stores easily and you can take it and use it anywhere - you could use it while watching a soccer match at a park, or take it to a friend's for craft night.
- It comes with a slick scoring tool as well as a punch that lets you create rounded corners on your envelopes.
- It's easy to keep it all together; the stylus storage compartment and two punches are designed into the tool so you don't have a bunch of little pieces to keep track of (even the instructions are printed right on the tool so you won't lose them!).
- The price is terrific-especially for a tool that does so much!
- It will be in next year's annual catalog, so it's here to stay.
See the video below for a demonstration on how to use it:
Monday, September 2, 2013
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
It's that time of year again for the Late Night Stampers (LNS) 2013 Treasure Hunt. The hunt will run from August 20 through October 25, and the winner will be announced on this blog on October 28. One winner from each participating country will be picked, and the prize will be $3 times the number of participating blogs for that country. So if there are 50 blogs from the United States, the winner would win $150 in products.
Here’s how to play:
-go to the page (listed at the top of my blog) titled ‘LNS Fall 2013 Treasure Hunt'
-visit each of the blogs listed below (it’s always nice to leave a comment!) -look for participating Treasure Hunt players – they will have the picture of the SU! box (above), and they will list their clue
-make a note of what the clue is, and whose blog it is on
-once you’ve collected 50 clues, email them to ME at (*email@example.com*) listing each clue & where you found it
-you have from Tuesday, August 20, to Friday, October 25, 2013, to collect 50 clues and email them to me, to be entered into the contest.
My clue is:
Participating Blogs So Far Include:
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Below are the cards we will make at the card clubs at my house on May 7 & 8:
This card uses the Love & Laughter and Itty Bitty Banners stamp sets. The base card is pretty in pink (so sorry to see that this color is being discontinued) topped with a piece of rose red and then whisper white which was embossed with the elegant bouquet embossing folder. All of the stamping was done with rose red ink on whisper white paper. The hearts were made with rose red and silver glitter paper using the small heart punch and the fashionable hearts embosslits.
This card was copied from one that Lisa Curcio had on splitcoaststampers. Lisa's blog can be seen at Http://lisacurcio.blogspot.com. The card uses the Printed Petals and the 25th anniversary Best of Birthdays stamp sets. The base card is old olive card stock. I used tangerine tango, tempting turquoise, and old olive ink to stamp the flowers on the whisper white cardstock. I stamped one extra flower in tempting turquoise and old olive, cut them out, and applied them with dimensionals. There is also a small piece of tempting turquoise paper punched with the scallop edge border behind the whisper white. The birthday sentiment was stamped with old olive on whisper white and cut out with the large oval punch.
This card was made using the Dapper Dad, Loving Thoughs, and Family Reunion stamp sets. The base card is night of navy topped with a piece of old olive that has been embossed with the argyle embossing folder. All items were stamped using night of navy ink on whisper white paper. I also used the dotted scallop border ribbon punch on night of navy paper behind the sentinment in the middle, and an inverted corner punch on the sentiment and background paper at the top.
The class on Wednesday, May 8, is full; however, if anyone would like to join the May 7 club, I do have room for one or two more. Just let me know in advance if you plan to come.